In need of a dessert for a get-together or just want to try out a new delicious recipe? Our apple, honey and goat’s cheese tart is the perfect option!
MAKES 1 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
1 portion shortcrust pastry
2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
⅓ cup honey
4 sprigs thyme, plus extra to garnish
Sea salt flakes
½ cup goat’s cheese
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 Pink Lady apples, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Roll out the pastry to form a 3 mm thick rectangle. Line a 35 × 11 cm loose-based flan tin with the pastry. Make sure to press the pastry into the corners. Prick with a fork several times. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes, then trim excess pastry.
3. Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Blind-bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the pastry is crisp.
4. Melt the butter in a small pot over low heat. Remove from the heat, add honey, thyme and a pinch of salt. Leave to cool and infuse.
5. Mix the cheese, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
6. Spread some of the cheese mixture over the pastry base and arrange the apple slices on top. Pour the honey over, reserving some. Scatter with thyme.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Brush with the remaining honey and garnish with thyme.