These savoury sweet potatoes contain protein and slow-releasing carbs that keep you full for longer and give you the energy you need for the day. So why not give it a go?
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 25 min
2 large sweet potatoes
¼ cup grated mozzarella
¼ cup bacon bits, fried
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, until soft.
3. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways and scoop out the flesh.
4. Mix the sweet potato flesh with the mozzarella and bacon. Fill the skins with this mixture, leaving space for an egg.
5. Crack an egg into each half. (It doesn’t matter if it spills over a little).
6. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your liking.
7. Season with chopped parsley, salt, pepper.