What could be better than a cheesy and meatball sub? You can use any meat you like for the meatballs, but be sure to stick with creamy fresh mozzarella for ultimate taste and cheesy-ness!
Vegetable oil, to fry
½ onion, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
500 g leftover meat, finely chopped
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp paprika
2 cups leftover Napoletana sauce
1 ball Galbani fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 baguette, halved and toasted
1. Preheat oven grill.
2. Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
3. Allow to cool, then mix with the meat, breadcrumbs, herbs, paprika and egg. Season and form into balls.
4. Fry the meatballs until golden, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the Napoletana sauce to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Place mozzarella on the baguette and cook under the grill for 5 minutes. Top with meatballs and sauce.