If you’re someone who enjoys having pap with every meal of the day, we’ve made it way easier with these awesome breakfast pap waffles! It’s easy and delicious, so you never have to worry about breakfast again.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 25 min, plus chilling time
½ cup mieliemeal
1½ cups water
Salt and black pepper
1½ cups milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup grated mozzarella
Olive oil, to grease
1 cup full-cream yoghurt
2 tbsp mango atchar
1. Mix mieliemeal with ½ cup water.
2. Bring the rest of the water and 1½ tsp salt to the boil. Add the mieliemeal, stirring.
3. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, then stir in the milk. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
4. Whisk together the flour, garlic powder, baking powder, salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooled pap to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the cheese and the egg. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
6. Heat your waffle iron and brush with olive oil.
7. Pour in ½ cup batter per waffle and cook until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to crisp up.
8. Mix yoghurt and atchar.
9. Serve waffles with a dollop of atchar yoghurt.