Enjoying a wholesome breakfast is key no matter who you are. And while this may seem like a strange morning meal, it will fuel your day from beginning to end, especially if you have an active fit life, trust us. So start meal prepping – these delicious miso veggie stacks await!
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 35 min
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
½ brinjal, sliced 1 cm thick
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 large tomato, sliced
Salt and black pepper
2 low-carb seed crackers
Handful baby spinach
1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the brinjal for 5 minutes, flipping occasionally until soft and browned.
3. Mix miso, mirin and sugar.
4. Place the brinjal on a lined baking tray, leaving space for the tomato. Brush each slice with the miso mixture.
5. Add the tomato slices to the tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for 5 minutes, then turn on the grill and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. To assemble, place the seed crackers on plates and top with baby spinach. Layer slices of tomato and brinjal, and finish with avocado on top.