Our fruity yoghurt lollies make a healthy summer dessert. The yoghurt is full of calcium for strong teeth and bones, so it’s a great snack option for your kids as well. Make them in empty yoghurt containers, or in shot glasses for mini versions.
MAKES 6–10 // COOKING TIME 1 hour, plus freezing time
2 cups plain yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g strawberries, hulled, half sliced
3 kiwis, peeled
3 granadillas, pulp only
Handful cherries, halved and pitted
1. Mix the yoghurt and vanilla, then divide between 4 bowls.
2. Purée the whole strawberries in a food processor. Remove. Purée the kiwis.
3. Mix the strawberry purée, kiwi purée and granadilla pulp into 3 of the bowls of yoghurt. Leave the last bowl plain.
4. Pour the yoghurt into the moulds, adding the strawberries, cherries and blueberries as you go. To create the layers, pour a little yoghurt into the mould, then place in the freezer for about 45 minutes, until almost fully frozen. Then add the next layer and freeze for another 45 minutes.
5. Insert ice-lolly sticks (or teaspoons) into the semi-frozen lollies, then freeze for 3–6 hours until frozen solid.
6. To release the ice lollies from their containers, run under hot water for 5 seconds. Serve immediately.