Have you always wanted to learn to make your own restaurant-style rainbow-stuffed chicken breasts? We’re making it easy for you by keeping it simple and using seasonal, budget-friendly ingredients only.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 40 min
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
4 chicken breast fillets
Salt and black pepper
4 spinach leaves
1 carrot, cut into shavings
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 tbsp chopped basil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat a splash of oil and fry the onion for 2 minutes, without letting it brown.
3. Cut open each chicken breast by running a knife along the side, but without cutting all the way through (you want to create a little pocket in it). Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Layer the onion, spinach and carrot inside each breast. Pin it closed with a toothpick.
5. Fry the chicken breasts in a non-stick pan for 6 minutes on each side. Then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp oil, the basil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.
7. Serve the dressed tomatoes with the sliced, stuffed chicken breast fillets.