We’re reinventing the wine cocktail in a big way (and right in time for the warmer weather!) by turning them into gourmet slushies! Berries are coming into season and they pair perfectly with vanilla and a glass of robust red. Introducing our amazing Merlot slushies!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 60 min
1 bottle Merlot
¾ cup sugar
⅓ cup blackberries, plus to garnish
1 vanilla pod
1. Heat ½ cup Merlot, sugar and blackberries in a pot over medium heat.
2. Use a knife to scrape all the seeds out from inside the vanilla pod, and add to the Merlot mixture.
3. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until the berries have disintegrated. Reduce the heat if it threatens to boil over.
4. Remove from the heat and add the rest of the Merlot. Pour into ice cube trays and place into the freezer overnight.
5. Place the ice in a food processor and blend to a slushy consistency.
6. Spoon into glasses, garnish with some fresh berries and raspberries, and enjoy immediately!