Had a long week? Our sweet and sour pork comes together in a mere 25 minutes, and it’s another one of our one-pot wonders, so there will be no dishes to clean up except your pot!
SERVES 6 // HANDS-ON 25 min
⅓ cup caster sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup light soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with
1 tbsp water
¼ cup vegetable oil
500g pork fillet, diced
2 cups julienne carrots
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 baby marrow, thinly sliced
½ cup tinned sweetcorn, drained
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Combine sugar, salt, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and 1 cup water in a pot. Cook over moderate heat until simmering.
2. Whisk in cornflour mixture, then simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the pork for 2 minutes. Remove from the wok.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil and the carrots, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add the remaining oil, baby marrow and sweetcorn. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the pork and the vegetables to the pot. Bring to a simmer for 2–3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.