Whenever you are trying to save on your grocery budget, freezer finds will always be your friends. We grabbed some frozen hake portions and used them to whip up the best fish tacos ever.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 20 min
1 nectarine, diced
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
½ red onion, peeled and diced
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1 chilli, finely sliced
Juice and zest of 1 lime
4 frozen hake fillets, defrosted, cut into chunks
1 tbsp Mexican spice
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup coconut milk
Shredded lettuce, to serve
Guacamole, to serve
1. Mix the nectarine, pineapple, onion, coriander, chilli and lime zest together. Squeeze the lime juice over. Set aside the salsa until ready to use.
2. Rub the fish with Mexican spice. Heat the oil in a pan and sear the fish on all sides.
3. Add the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
4. Fill tacos with the shredded lettuce, salsa and guacamole. Top with fish.
5. Drizzle with leftover coconut sauce and serve.