Destination: Thailand! Do you know anyone who doesn’t love a flavour-packed, nutty, chicken pad thai? We don’t!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 mins
500g pad thai noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 chicken breast fillets, diced
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
60 ml fish sauce
60 ml sriracha
3 tbsp treacle sugar
1 tbsp tamarind paste
200g mung bean sprouts
100g unsalted peanuts, roasted
½ red pepper, seeded and finely sliced
Handful coriander, chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
1. Drizzle 2 tbsp sesame oil over cooked noodles with.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat and fry the chicken until cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl.
3. Increase the heat. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and cook the eggs, stirring constantly, like you’d make scrambled eggs. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
4. Add the fish sauce, sriracha, sugar and tamarind paste to the wok. Cook until the sauce has thickened. Add the chicken, egg and noodles and heat.
5. Stir through the bean sprouts, peanuts, pepper and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.