Making this Middle Eastern spread is super easy and the perfect accompaniment to any vegetarian dinner. Enjoy baba ganoush with flatbreads, veggies, anything that can be dipped, spread or spooned!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 20 min
2 large brinjals
50 ml tahini
100 ml olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and black pepper, to taste
150 ml Greek yoghurt
2 tsp coriander, to garnish
Pomegranate arils, to garnish
1. Place the brinjals, tops and all, over a gas flame (a braai will also work excellently here), until they are very charred.
2. Place the chargrilled brinjal, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender and blitz until smooth. Season well.
3. Place the brinjal mixture in a serving bowl and swirl the yoghurt through.
4. Garnish with coriander and pomegranate arils.
5. Serve with flatbread, your favourite crudités or as an accompaniment to a juicy veggie steak.