One of the biggest problems when it comes to eating healthy is making sure your snacks are super healthy. These breakfast bars can be enjoyed throughout the day or first thing in the morning to keep you going until your next meal!
MAKES 12 // COOKING TIME 20 mins
1¼ cups rolled oats, toasted
1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup dried cranberries
3 bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
¼ cup peanut butter
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray.
2. Combine the oats, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and cranberries.
3. Place the bananas, peanut butter, sunflower seeds and honey in a food processor. Blend on high for 3–5 minutes, until a smooth, batter-like consistency is formed.
4. Use a spatula to combine the oats and banana mixtures. Cover with cling film and leave at room temperature for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to the baking tray and press into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool completely, then cut into about 12 bars or rounds.