So we thought making French toast from frozen waffles would be a great idea, and we weren’t disappointed! We decided to go with warm savoury flavours to complement the cooling weather. You don’t even have to make these French toast waffles from the frozen ones, we included a basic waffle recipe below if you’d rather make your own.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 20 mins
½ cup milk
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp paprika
2 tbsp butter
8 frozen waffles, defrosted, or make them yourself from the recipe below
1. Place all ingredients but the butter and waffles in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
3. Dip each waffle in the egg mixture, then place in the pan. Cook each side for 2–3 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Serve with coleslaw.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1¾ cup milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil and eggs.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and whisk until most lumps are gone.
5. Pour 2–3 tbsp batter on to the iron. Toast for 3 minutes, until golden brown