Take a break from chicken and cheese and stuff those wraps with this vegetarian filling instead. Okay, we would never leave out the cheese. But with mushies, baby marrows, red onion and healthy mozzarella, our mushroom and baby marrow quesadillas are a guilt-free all rounder.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 20 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp smoked paprika
6 baby marrows, grated
100g mozzarella, grated
80g cheddar, grated
¼ cup crème fraîche
Lime wedges, to serve
Green chilli, sliced, to serve
Coriander, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the onions for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the mushrooms and paprika, and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the baby marrows and fry for 5 minutes.
2. Lay out 4 tortillas. Spread the vegetable mixture on them. Mix the cheeses and sprinkle over them.
3. Spread the remaining 4 tortillas with the crème fraîche. Sandwich the pairs of tortillas together.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and dry-fry the quesadillas until they are toasted on each side and the cheese is melted.
5. Slide on to a board, cut into quarters and serve with lime wedges, chilli and coriander.