I’ve got a pile of sticky hot wings for you this #FridayBraaiDay! Quick, easy and messy never tasted this good before.
By John Grundlingh
SERVES 4-6 // COOKING TIME 65 mins
8 chicken wings
For the marinade
125 ml tomato sauce
60 ml Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp honey
100 ml Coca-Cola
2 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp crushed chilli
For the salad
1 cos lettuce, roughly chopped
1 small cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced
2 stalks celery
1 small onion, peeled, halved and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
125 ml blue cheese dressing
1. Cut the pinions (tips) off the wings and then cut each through the joint of create winglets.
2. Combine all the marinade ingredients and add the wings. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove the wings from the marinade and place on the grid, reserving the marinade.
4. Braai the wings for 20-25 minutes, turning every minute or so. Burning the marinade on the skin can happen very quickly if not turned often enough.
5. Place the marinade in a small pot, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Toss the salad ingredients together.
7. Pour the marinade over the wings and serve with quartered lemon.