This recipe is great for braais or the off-chance you’re feeling lazy in the kitchen – it’s both easy to whip up and a definite crowd-pleaser.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 90 mins
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
6 vine tomatoes
1. Get your fire going (or preheat your oven to 200°C).
2. Place the flour, milk, eggs and salt in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Place the boerewors in the dish you want to serve it in. Grill it on the fire (or in the oven) for 15 – 20 minutes, until browned.
4. Remove the boerewors from the heat, pour the batter over it immediately, top with tomatoes and place back on the braai (or in the oven).
5. Cook for another 30 minutes until puffy and brown.