Thinking of baking biscuits? Get more experimental and fill your cookie dough with yummy strawberry jam for a pop of flavour as you take a bite.
MAKES 24 // COOKING TIME 35 mins
200g butter, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2¼ cups cake flour, plus extra for dusting
¼ cup strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat the butter and sugar, by hand or using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and beat to combine.
3. Sift the flour into the mixture and beat (on lowest speed if using a mixer), until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
4. Bring the mixture together with your hands and knead lightly until it forms a dough.
5. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to half a centimetre thick.
6. Cut the dough into circles with a diameter of about 10 cm.
7. Place half a teaspoon of jam in the centre of each circle, then fold over to make a half moon Crimp the edges lightly with a fork.
8. Place the turnovers on a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
9. Cool on a rack before serving.