Who says you can’t enjoy a bowl of yummy curry in the middle of summer? Our fragrant vegetarian chickpea and spinach curry is freshened up with coconut milk, coriander and lemon.
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 30 min
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp peeled and grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
400g tin chickpeas, drained
400 ml tin coconut milk
1 red chilli, finely chopped
200g baby spinach
Coriander, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and dried spices, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, sugar and lemon juice. Once the sugar has dissolved, stir in the chickpeas and fry until golden.
3. Add the coconut milk and chilli. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the baby spinach and cook for a few minutes, until wilted. Season to taste.
5. Serve with coriander and lemon wedges.