If you are cooking for one, we definitely recommend our scrumptious lasagne wrap. You will have plenty of experimentation time in the kitchen and the result is a nourishing, comforting meal. And if this portion is too big, freeze the leftovers for another night, or take them to work with you for lunch.
SERVES 1 // COOKING TIME 45 mins
2 lasagne sheets
3 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken breast
Salt and cracked black pepper
1 large tomato, chopped
Tabasco, to taste
10 basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
½ cup grated mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 190°C and bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Boil the lasagne for 5 minutes, then drain and drizzle with 2 tbsp oil.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Season the chicken and fry it for 5 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
4. Mix the tomato and a few drops of Tabasco in a pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Season and stir in the basil leaves.
5. Take a lasagne sheet and arrange half the red pepper and half the chicken down the middle of it. Sprinkle with a quarter of the mozzarella and season, then roll up. Repeat with the other lasagne sheet.
6. Pour the tomato sauce into a small ovenproof dish and place the lasagne wraps on top. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes, until the mozzarella is golden and bubbling. Season and garnish with basil leaves.