We simply love a fluffy frittata made with leftover veg, your favourite cheese and a selection of interesting spices. This meat-free recipe is the ultimate speedy mid-week meal. Get cooking!
Butter, to grease
500g potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced lengthways, plus extra to garnish
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup cream
½ cup grated mozzarella
2 tbsp chopped basil
Rocket, to garnish
4 slices bread, toasted on a griddle pan, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a heavy-based ovenproof frying pan.
2. Place the potatoes, peppers, chilli (reserve a few slices to garnish) and garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 35–40 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs and cream until just combined. Season.
4. Preheat your grill to the highest setting. Place the roast vegetables and mozzarella in the prepared pan. Pour the egg and cream mixture over and top with basil. Place over medium heat on the stove for 8–10 minutes.
5. Once the frittata has set, place the pan under the grill for about 5–8 minutes, until cooked.Garnish with rocket and sliced chilli, and serve with toast.