Summer entertaining doesn’t get much better than this. These bite-sized beef puffs are fancy yet fuss-free – and, boy, are they delicious!
400g ready-made puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
500g topside beef
1 cup crème fraiche
½ cup horseradish sauce
1 tbsp parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut into 7 × 7 cm squares. Place the squares on a baking tray and brush with the egg. Bake for 10–15 minutes until golden, then leave to cool.
3. Heat the oil in a pan. Season the beef and fry for a few minutes on each side until cooked. Set aside.
4. Combine the crème fraiche and horseradish sauce. Add a dollop on top of each puff.
5. Slice the beef and place a piece on top of each puff.
6. Season, garnish with parsley and serve.