In the words of J’Something himself, ‘Enjoy these Stout Root Fries on their own, or as a healthy baked snack, that just might be delicious enough to dethrone the classic potato chip.’
4 large parsnips, cut into chips
1 large sweet potato, cut into chips
8 baby carrots, whole
1 tbsp salt
Oil, to drizzle (he used truffle)
1 tbsp coriander seeds
¼ cup Castle Milk Stout
Crème Fraiche, to serve
½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Boil the parsnips, sweet potato and carrots in a pot of water until slightly softened but still maintains shape and colour, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and pat dry.
3. Toss the veggies through the salt, oil and coriander seeds until well coated.
4. Place the chips on a roasting tray and drizzle with Castle Milk Stout.
5. Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with a drizzling of Crème Fraiche and fresh coriander.