5 tbsp butter, at room temperature
4 chicken breast fillets
Salt and pepper
16 slices streaky bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Spread 1 tbsp butter over each chicken breast, then season.
3. Place four slices of bacon next to each other and put a chicken breast in the centre. Roll up tightly, wrapping the chicken in the bacon. Use toothpicks to secure. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
4. Place the wrapped parcels on a baking tray, seam-sides down. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked.
5. Heat the olive oil and the remaining butter in a pan over medium heat and cook the onion until soft. Add the spinach and allow to wilt.
6. Remove the toothpicks from the chicken. Serve on a bed of spinach.