Who wouldn’t love the combination of buttery phyllo, superfood veggies and creamy ricotta?
4 sheets ready-made phyllo pastry, defrosted
50g butter, melted
100g baby spinach
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and grated
1½ cups ricotta
2 tbsp dill, chopped
Salt and pepper
2 cups cream
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Place the pastry on your work surface and cover with a damp dish cloth to prevent it from drying out as you work.
3. Lay out one sheet of phyllo and brush with some melted butter. Layer the next sheet on top and repeat until you’ve used all 4 sheets.
4. Transfer your phyllo stack, butter side down, to a 25 x 30 cm baking tray. Allow the edges to hang over the sides.
5. Fill the pastry shell with spinach, sweet potato, ricotta and dill, and season well.
6. Combine the cream, eggs and garlic, making sure they are mixed well, and pour evenly over the filling.
7. Fold the hanging pastry sides inwards and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the edges are crispy and the filling is set. Serve warm.