You don’t need any fancy pastry-making skills to whip up this lovely tart. The only thing you have to ask yourself is, chocolate or vanilla?
200g Romany Creams, crushed
⅓ cup melted butter
4 chai tea bags
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp flour, sifted
3 tbsp cocoa sifted
1. In a bowl, combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Then press into a 22 cm, loose-bottomed pastry tin. Place in the fridge to set.
2. Pour the milk and chai into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, cornflour and flour. Temper the egg mixture with the hot milk and then return everything to the heat.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, until thickened.
5. Once thickened, pour half the mixture into a large bowl and mix in the cocoa.
6. Carefully fill half the biscuit shell with chocolate mixture, and the other half with the rest of the mixture.
7. Cool completely and then set in the fridge before serving.