This may sound so American and foreign to us, but it’s actually the easiest, zestiest, yummiest pie ever!
400g digestive biscuits
150g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
3 extra-large egg yolks
385g tin condensed milk
Zest and juice of 4 limes, plus extra zest to garnish
1 cup double cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC.
2. Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor until you are left with fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse to combine.
3. Grease four small tart tins and press in the biscuit crumbs to form a crust, making sure it comes right up the side of the tins. Place in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Bake the crusts for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
5. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks for 1 minute. Add the condensed milk and continue whisking.
6. Add the lime juice and zest and whisk to combine.
7. Pour the lime mixture into the cooled bases and bake for a further 15 minutes. Set the baked pies aside to cool for at least an hour.
8. To serve, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with lime zest.