Our guide on how to make sherry boerewors sliders
MAKES 30 // HANDS-ON 30 min // HANDS-OFF At least 120 mins
1.2 kg boerewors
500 ml sherry
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3 onions, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1. Cut boerewors into 6 cm pieces. Place in a bowl and pour sherry over. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. Remove the boerewors from the sherry and place on skewers. Set sherry aside.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a fireproof pan or potjie. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
4. Add sherry and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half.
5. Put the boerewors skewers in a hinged grid and braai over hot coals for 8 minutes, until cooked through. Make sure each side sees the heat at least twice.
6. Slice the baguette and arrange it on a platter. Drizzle a bit of sherry sauce over each slice.
7. Remove the boerewors from the skewers and top each slice of baguette with a piece.