SERVES 4 // HANDS-ON 30 min // HANDS-OFF 60 mins
500 ml veg or chicken stock
250 ml polenta
3 tbsp grated Parmesan
2 tbsp chopped chives
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper
250 ml flour
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Mayo or sour cream, to serve
1. Bring stock to a simmer in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add polenta in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly.
3. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook the polenta, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, until thick and smooth.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter, Parmesan, chives, and lime zest and juice. Season.
5. Pour into a lightly greased baking tray. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours, until firm.
6. Remove the polenta from the fridge and slice into fingers.
7. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dust the polenta fingers with the flour. Deep-fry for a few minutes, until golden and crispy.
8. Serve with mayonnaise or sour cream.