SERVES 4 // HANDS-ON 15 min
400g tenderstem broccoli
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt and pepper
250g streaky bacon, chopped
50g flaked almonds, lightly toasted
6 gherkins, halved
3 tbsp raisins
Handful chives, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Drizzle broccoli with a little oil and season.
2. Grill broccoli for 3–4 minutes in a griddle pan, until slightly softened (but still crunchy). Alternatively, braai for 3–4 minutes.
3. Fry bacon in a dry pan until golden and crispy.
4. Toss grilled broccoli, bacon, toasted almonds, gherkins and raisins. Arrange on a platter.
5. Scatter with chives. Drizzle with more oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.