Our guide on how to make goat’s cheese, pea and mint quiche
SERVES 4 / HANDS-ON 15 min / HANDS-OFF 50 min
400g roll puff pastry
5 eggs (3 whole, 2 yolks)
250 ml cream
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and pepper
250 ml frozen peas, defrosted
2 tbsp chopped mint
100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
1. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 5 mm thick.
2. Line a lightly greased tart tin with the pastry and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C.
4. Blind-bake the pastry for 15 minutes, until just cooked and lightly golden.
5. Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, cream and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the peas into the pastry shell and scatter the mint on top. Pour the egg mixture over and dot with the cheese.
7. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until just set.
8. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with a salad.