Our guide on how to make dukkah butternut steaks
SERVES 4 // HANDS-ON 15 min // HANDS-OFF 20 min
2 small butternuts
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp dukkah
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
60 ml double-cream yoghurt
1 tbsp tahini
1. Preheat oven to 190°C and oil a roasting tin.
2. Slice only the thicker parts of the butternuts into 3 cm rounds. Place in the roasting tin. (Keep the rest of the butternuts to use for butternut soup or purée.)
3. Mix oil, dukkah and lemon zest. Drizzle over the butternut steaks and season.
4. Roast for 20–25 minutes, until golden and tender. Remove from the oven. Alternatively, braai for 20-25 minutes.
5. Mix the yoghurt, tahini and a squeeze of lemon juice. Drizzle over the butternut steaks and serve immediately.