Our guide on how to make bacon and cider roosterkoek
MAKES 8 // HANDS-ON 35 min
500g self-raising flour
1 tsp salt
330 ml cider
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Braai the bacon on a grid over the coals or fry it in a pan, until crispy. Allow to cool, then chop into small pieces.
2. Mix flour, salt and bacon. Add cider and oil.
3. With your hands, bring the mixture together and knead lightly. Stop as soon as the dough holds together.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle. Using a knife, cut into 8 equal portions and tidy up the shapes.
5. Braai over medium-hot coals for 15–20 minutes.