Our guide on how to make asparagus and red-onion frittata
SERVES 4 // HANDS-ON 15 min // HANDS-OFF 10 min
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, to fry
1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges and divided into petals
200g asparagus, ends trimmed
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
Handful chives, chopped
Microgreens, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in an ovenproof pan and fry the onion until golden.
4. Add asparagus and garlic and fry for 1 minute, until asparagus gains a little colour and the garlic becomes fragrant.
5. Add lemon zest and juice, then add the whisked eggs. Scatter the chives over the top.
6. Bake for 10–12 minutes, until just set.
7. Remove from the oven and turn out on to a serving platter. Garnish with microgreens and serve immediately.