MAKES 12 // HANDS-ON 20 min // HANDS-OFF 15 min
Flour, to dust
400g roll ready-made puff pastry
60 ml tomato paste
125 ml grated cheddar
125 ml chopped fresh pineapple
6–8 slices ham, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray. Soak 12 ice-cream sticks in water to stop them from burning.
2. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry to 3 cm thick.
3. Spread the tomato paste over the pastry, then scatter the cheese, pineapple and ham. Add a grind of black pepper.
4. Starting at the end closest to you, tightly roll up the pastry into a cylinder. Cut into rounds and place on the baking tray.
5. Lightly press the rounds to flatten slightly. Insert an ice cream stick into each one and brush with the beaten egg.
6. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until pinwheels are cooked through and golden. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.