SERVES 1 per recipe
Caramelised-banana, peanut butter and marshmallow sandwichINGREDIENTS
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp butter
1 banana, peeled and halved lengthways
2 slices ciabatta, toasted
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven grill.
2. Heat sugar and butter in a pan. Fry the banana until caramelised.
3. Spread peanut butter on the ciabatta and top with the banana.
4. Top with marshmallows and pop under the grill until charred.
2 slices kitke (plaited white bread)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ apple, sliced
1 sprig thyme
Pinch of cinnamon
2 tbsp goat’s-milk cheese
1. Fry kitke in a pan with 1 tsp butter. Remove.
2. In the same pan, melt remaining butter and sugar. Add apple, thyme and cinnamon. Fry for about 5 minutes, until the apple is caramelised.
3. Spread the toasted bread with cheese and top with apple and any leftover caramel from the pan.
Cheddar, berry and basil grilled sandwichINGREDIENTS
1 tbsp strawberry jam
2 tbsp chopped strawberries
2 slices seed bread
Butter, to spread
3 slices mature cheddar
5 leaves basil
1. Mix jam and berries in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
2. Butter both slices of bread.
3. On the unbuttered side of 1 slice, spread the berry compote and top with cheddar and basil. Close the sandwich with the other slice, butter facing outwards.
4. Fry until toasted.
Fig, bacon and Brie sandwichINGREDIENTS
4 rashers streaky bacon
1 tbsp honey
2 figs, tinned or fresh
2 slices rye bread, toasted
Butter, to spread
3 slices Brie, at room temperature
1. Cook the bacon in a non-stick pan until crispy.
2. Heat the honey in a small pan and toss the figs to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until sticky.
3. Spread both slices of bread with butter, then layer the bacon, glazed figs and Brie on top.