TOMATO & OLIVE GLUTEN-FREE LOAF
450g Orgran Gluten Free All Purpose Plain Flour, plus extra to dust
10g instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp table salt
250 ml lukewarm water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
10 black olives, pitted and halved
5 sprigs rosemary
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Add water and lemon juice and mix well to incorporate.
3. Add the oil and work it in. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not runny.
4. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow to proof for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a baking tray by lightly brushing with oil and flouring.
6. Lightly flour your hands and shape the dough into an oblong. Place on the baking tray, cover and leave to double in size for 30 minutes.
7. Carefully top the bread with tomatoes, olives, rosemary and sea salt.
8. Bake 30–45 minutes, until golden with a crunchy crust.
Recipe & styling: Caro Alberts Photography: Kendall-Leigh Nash/HSMimages.co.za