SERVES 6 // HANDS-ON 20 min // HANDS-OFF 60 mins
2 onions, both peeled, 1 chopped
60 ml garlic-ginger-dhania paste
25g tomato paste
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 chicken pieces
1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
400g tin chickpeas
400 ml tin coconut milk
100g baby corn
1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in ½ cup water
Salt and pepper
1 large handful coriander, chopped
125 ml plain yoghurt
Chilli, chopped, to serve
Spring onions, chopped, to serve
1. Blitz the unchopped onion, the garlic-ginger-dhania paste, tomato paste, curry powder and sugar to form a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pot and fry the chicken pieces until browned. Remove from the pot.
3. Add the chopped onion and yellow pepper to the pot and fry until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pot. Add the curry paste, chickpeas, coconut milk, baby corn and the stock, ensuring the ingredients are covered in liquid. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Season to taste and add most of the coriander.
6. Serve the curry dotted with yoghurt, and scattered with the remaining chopped coriander, and the chilli and spring onions.
Use your leftover curry to make our stuffed spuds or wontons